Sunday, June 3, 2012

Malaysia – Rotary Club of Kulim

Some of the members of the Rotary Club of Kulim, Malaysia & Friends
I left the rain of Chiang Mai and flew to Hat Yai in southern Thailand for a day before hopping in a mini-van and crossing the border into Malaysia overland. I was invited to present to members and friends of the Rotary Club of Kulim and I was met by the Club President BH Lee in Butterworth just a hop skip and a jump from Penang.

It was interesting how that connection came to be. A friend who I had met trekking in Nepal years ago is from Malaysia but he now lives with his family in Qatar (in the Middle East). I sent him a note about my plans to be in Malaysia and he was planning to visit his family at the same time and… his brother-in-law just happens to be a Rotarian in the RC of Kulim so the connection was made.

With BH Lee, President of the Rotary Club of Kulim, Malaysia
My time in Kulim was wonderful and I was treated so very well by all the Rotarians, their families and friends!

I thoroughly enjoyed speaking to the club members and discussing their community projects as well as other possible environment related ideas and plan to keep in touch with the club members.