Wednesday, May 2, 2012

National Immunization Day - Video by World Media Academy


Here is a short video of my experiences with the National Immunization Day in India where 169 million children were immunized against polio on a single day in April. A huge thank you to Kamal Pariyar (a Nepalese student at the World Media Academy) and my colleague Julie Nolin (from BCIT and the World Media Academy).

I am not sure if a future in media is in the cards for me but it was fun to work with Kamal to film this. A huge thank you also goes out to Lokesh Gupta, the manager of India's PolioPlus Committee in New Delhi who arranged my visit and allowed me to learn by doing with the PolioPlus campaign.

Please note that I made an error in my commentary... Rotarians around the world have raised over 1 billion dollars to eradicate polio from the world and Rotarians in India alone have raised over 143 million dollars! Be the change you want to see in the world!